Alight, let’s imagine you are all ready to go… logged into your WordPress site.
- On your Dashboard…click ‘All Products’ on the left-hand side.
- Click create a new Product.
- Choose an existing product (One already created so it is all correct). Hover over product and click “Duplicate”
- Edit product name match the new product. Try to include what the product is rather than just “Forrest Birds”. Include “Die” or “Stamp” in the title as well.
- Update Catagory checks. Check the category it belongs to (Example: Stamps) and the subcategory it may fit into (Example: Nature).
- Update your tags. Tags to include catagory, brand, designer, what it is, color, pattern, size etc.
- Replace Product Image. If the product has multiple images then use the best image as the “product feature image” and the secondary images as “product gallery” images. Include the product title and any other relevant information on your product image. This will make it easier to find again in the future.
- In the “Product Data” section located under the title please update
The price (Under the General Tab).
The stock and SKU (Under the Inventory Tab).
Linked products (Under the Linked Products Tab).
- Lastly, update the description at the bottom in the “Product Short Description” section.
Now to create a variable product you do everything about but also:
- In the product Data section, in the drop-down menu that says “Simple Product” please change it to “Variable Product”.
- Click on the “Attributes” side tab. In the drop-down menu choose how your product varies (by color, size, pattern etc). Click “Add”.
- In the Values box type in your different variations.
(For example, if you had an ink pad in different colors you would type in the first color and find it in the list)
- If the variation you are looking does not come up in your search click on “Add New” to create a new variation.
- Once you have chosen all your variations (You are allowed up to 50). Check the box that says “Used for variations”. And click “Save attributes”.
- Now go to the “Variations Tab”, click on the drop down and choose “Create variations from all attributes”. Two pop-ups will appear, click “OKAY” for both. All of your attributes will show up underneath.
- For each attribute, assign a price, SKU, stock, and image.
- Assign an image by clicking on the blue square. (This will help clients when they choose the color or size from the product drop down it will bring them to the image this chose. )
- When you are done editing all of the variations, click “Save changes”.
- Lastly, assign a product image from one of the variations (The best photo). And add all other variation images to the product gallery. (This is so when they click through on the product page they see all the variations.
All product images should be square and 700 pixels by 700 pixels. Try to center them if you can with some space around the product. For a clean professional look. The more photos the better (for showcasing your product).
Good luck! And don’t be afraid to ask questions!