- The information your site collects from your users The purpose of collecting this info
- How the information is obtained
- Who has access to this information (i.e. Google Ad sense, newsletter services or any other third-party device)
- Instructions on how to disable cookies and third-party ads
- How users can contact you if they have questions
Once you are logged into WordPress, go to Settings > Privacy.
Then select “create a new page” and you find the generated policy page. Edit as desired, adding new content as it pertains to your site. For instance, if you are using Google Analytics, you’ll need to add a clause about data usage.
The default policy includes a blurb about Cookies, Embedded content from other websites, how long data is kept, etc.
Once when you’re happy with the policy, click publish. Now you can add the new link of the policy page (default address of www.yoursitename/privacy-policy) and add where desired (i.e. your site home page, menu, footer). We recommend a place that is highly visible.
Here are a few of the more popular generators:PRIVACY POLICIES.COM